Monday, June 24, 2013

Significance Series Bonus Scene 2

I said once Caleb's tournament in the #YACrushTourney reached 2000 votes that I'd post another bonus scene from the Significance series.
Here you go!

          My shorts hit the dirt and I lifted my arms, using my ability to pull my shirt from my body and letting it hover in the air before flicking my fingers and tossing it at his chest.        
          He bolted to me. "Maggie, what the hell are you doing?"
          I stood, bare in my underwear, as he looked like he was about to crack an artery. I giggled to myself, but kept my face straight. The panties were next to go and I worked the bra as slowly as possible.
          He looked around the abandoned part of the lake we'd found a few weeks back and then back to me. All of me. "Maggie..." he said in growly concern. "Anyone can see you that comes up."
          The protective significant in him was making an appearance.
          "No one is coming here. It takes us almost half an hour to get back here." I walked backward and grinned at him as my feet hit the first small lake wave. "Come and get me, Jacobson."
          He watched, stunned and open mouthed, as I waded all the way to my neck before he began to frantically jerk his shirt over his head. The rest was a dance just for me, whether he meant it to be or not. When he reached me, he sucked his lip into his mouth and then wrapped his arm around my waist to pull me to him. "Wow, the water's warm."
          "You're warm," I corrected and closed my eyes, letting my cheek rest on his chest. His arms surrounded me then to make me feel so safe and looked after.  I couldn't stop the sigh, the little bit of burden lifting from me from this carefree day.
          "I know you're worried," he began softly into my hair. I sighed again. I was worried. He kissed my forehead and continued. "It's only your second reunification. I know we've got a lot of things going on this time with them trying to change things back to the way they were, but I-"
          "I feel even less prepared to handle them than I did the last reunification. They hate me." I lifted my head and looked up into his eyes that wanted to make everything better. "They hate me, Caleb. They think I'm some dumb human who just wants to ruin everything they've lived for."
          "Sweetheart," he chided, "you know that's not true."
          I let my head fall back to his chest. "I feel like it's not a fair fight. It's them against us. And they just want to take me away from you."
          His arms crushed me to him. "That will never happen." He pulled back and took my face in his hands. "I'll admit that this isn't going to be a fun trip. They are completely...pissing me off." I couldn't help but chuckle. He smiled a little and then became solemn. "But I'll be right there beside you. Just like your vision. It may not always be a smooth ride for us, but I'll be with you every step of the way. Anything they throw at us, I have complete faith that you'll have the right answer." I took a deep breath, willing that thought into my body and mind. "You are so amazing." His nose rubbed mine and my eyes fluttered. "I believe in you, baby, more than I believe in anything else."
          "You do?" I asked, though I knew the answer.
          He moved to kiss the side of my lips. "You bet your pretty tush I do." He kissed me again, moving to the center. "That bunch of cowards may put up a fight in the beginning, but it won't last long. With your brains and smart ideas and this face?" He shook his head. "Plus the fact that you're the Visionary. How the hell can they fight you with all that? You're an amazing leader, Maggie. There's a lot of people against you, but there's a lot of people with you, too. It'll all work out, baby. I know it."
          I nodded. "OK. I'll try, but if they try the same crap they pulled last time, someone's walking away with a limp."
          He laughed and leaned in to kiss me. He kissed me again and again. His words were spoken against my lips, low and telling. "You're wasting all this perfectly good naked time that you planned."
          "Am I?" I teased.
          "Yeah." He moved his lips to my jaw and he nipped my skin. "If you're going to give me a heart attack by stripping down on the sand, then at least let's make good use of it."
          I giggled and felt better already. Yes, the reunification was different. It wasn't what the Jacobson boys remembered it to be and yes, I knew this time was going to be even worse. They had done what I asked and in their eyes, the plan had failed. Backfired. But just because the Watsons decided to keep going wasn't anyone's fault. That was dealt with now and the danger was over, but the council wasn't letting it go.
          But Caleb was right. In my vision, we were always together, even if we were fighting the council. That thought alone made me ease into his arms even more.
          I felt him hoist me up and I wrapped my legs around his waist as he kissed me with his hands and teeth and mouth and body. There was no more talking. That wasn't really what I brought him up here for anyway. Even after all this time, I was still excited to see him, longed to be with him, and my breath was taken by how much he loved me.
          And right then, as he showed me how much and the blue ribbons illuminated the sky and water around us, I gasped as I was consumed by it.


13 comments:

  1. I.. bu... they.... You, Missy, just love killing my feels don't you? I loved this! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shelly i need you to know that you HAVE TO write more caleb and maggie stories!!! Like a book! Please?!!!! Like pretty pretty please?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shelly please write more about then family. Even if its just about Caleb and Maggie I would read it as I am sure your other fans would as well. You could even have the rest of the family pop in for different things. Pretty Please.

    ReplyDelete
  4. please write more significance books!! i love maggie and caleb. i read your books over and over again and i never get bored. please pretty please more significance books :) x

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG I NEEED THE UNDENIABLY CHOSEN BOOK!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i love this series!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. you need to write more books about them!!! I love these 2 to death!!! I think I know you books off by heart!!!!! Cant wait for undeniably chosen!!!!!! maybe you should write the stories about the other significants!!!!! so it never has to end!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Omggggg I love all the books in the Significance series and I recently finished Undeniably Chosen!! Lemme just say....SHELLY YOU ARE GENIOUS!!!!!!!! I love,love,love and I hear there's another book coming out Undeniably Fated? If so, I literally cannot wait for it!!!!!!��

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry I meant the Undeniably Chosen teaser**

      Delete
  8. Oh..my....god....!!!!!!!!!!! Please please write another Maggie and Caleb story involving their children and significances. Please??!?! Even if its just a short one like you did with the Indepence epilogue. I love Maggie and Caleb so much!!!!??!!πŸ’™πŸ’™πŸ’™πŸ’™πŸ’™πŸ’™πŸ’™πŸ’™πŸ’™πŸ’™

    ReplyDelete