Thursday, June 2, 2016

Significance TV Show UPDATE

This is a sad day for me as the author of an amazing book series. A book series that was optioned for movie and then TV, was cast and associated with some amazing, incredible people, and was on its way to becoming something far greater than it was.


I, and potential director of the film or TV series (Emily Gosset "Sky") would like to express publicly why the project has been canceled due to circumstances beyond our control.


After years of hard work adapting the books into film and then TV, last year Significance finally had a break. Significance had an amazing investor. Unfortunately, ever since Supercon last June, there have been some issues with a producer on the TV show. There was an altercation there that was witnessed by several people attached to the show, and she left the production. After several attempts to talk it out and make it right from the co-producer's side and her team, Emily Gossett (Sky), that producer refused to discuss anything other than the complete shutting down of the production or a payout that was a completely ridiculous amount, for which all of this is documented. Attempts were made by me also to smooth things over and see if other alternatives could be reached. Eventually, those interactions with that producer became just as hostile when she didn't hear what she wanted and I eventually had to block her on my phone and social medias to stop the constant interactions. These are also documented. Emily and I did NOT sign a new contract without that producer because there was no legal grounds to at the time.


During the past 10 months we did everything we could, explored every option to move on, but there was no way to continue forward. All production companies associated have been dissolved as far as I know. If you noticed, there has been very little, if nothing at all, posted about the TV show by me in the past months. And this is the reason for this. Waiting.


Since then, that producer has posted slanderous comments about me personally and professionally, my series and books, my readers and fans, Emily, the cast, and the show. She has been posting screenshots of only half conversations, and now it appears is attempting to start a suit against me and Emily for the IndieGoGo campaign that was her idea, stating that the money wasn't used for the trailer. The trailer can be seen here at this link: https://vimeo.com/110137509 (all funds went directly to this trailer I'm told). She has also been sharing a site that claims I faked my tumor and health issues so I didn't have to finish my books and could go party with my author friends, that I myself stole money from the IndieGoGo campaign to go shopping (to which I had no access to funds), that the entire production was a fraud and scheme, that it was all Emily and me, that Emily and I signed a new contract illegally behind her back, all of which is ABSOLUTELY untrue. The truth is that many people had the best intentions to make Significance into a TV series and took leaps and bounds to make it happen. I wanted this for you most of all. I won't even address the tumor further because that is absolutely ridiculous for a grown person to say that someone else is faking illnesses when they've seen them struggling.


It saddens me to inform you that one producer stopped the production. We no longer wanted her involved due to her behavior of which many of you have now witnessed yourself online, and the changes she wanted to make to the series that did not line up with the Significance way.

We've been silent on this because we didn't think it was a good idea to get the fans involved, we didn't think it was a good idea to give her more of a voice. We hoped she would stop after we involved the police and lawyers. We also hoped to be able to clear ourselves of her and still make the show. However that proved impossible. And this team has been doing everything to move around the negative that has surrounded this project.


It's really unfortunate that one person can destroy all the hard work of others, that the production couldn't move forward because of this, but we just wanted to clear the air and once and for all let you all know that anything you might have heard about the people that are attached to this show or myself are untrue. We are so sorry that the show can't go on and SO SORRY that it ended THIS way. Show productions start and end without happening. That's not uncommon. It was an amazing experience. But for it to end on such a note saddens us greatly. Saddens ME greatly. Emily, the cast, and I I have done nothing but love this project, work extremely hard, and try to overcome the obstacles to make it happen for you. I'm SO terribly sorry that I could not.


We love you all and pushed so hard for this.


I fought for you, the readers, the fans, to have the series you deserved. I fought for Significance. And in the end, if it couldn't be the series it needed to be because of someone who wanted to bring it down? Then the plug needed to be pulled. Thank you all so much for your love. You'll NEVER know how much it means to me.


Never.


As always. Best wishes and happy endings,
Shelly Crane

18 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry, I know we were all so looking forward to this show. I sincerely hope it all works out and a silver lining comes of this sadness. Significance is my favorite series and hope it will be still made into a movie or tv series in the future. Btw I can't wait for Undeniably Fated.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think I will ever understand people. Hopefully it will be possible in the future to try again. I was really interested to see how Maggie and Calebs' story (that technically happened in a couple months time) was going to play out as a tv series. I hope things go better for you in the future. You are one of my favorite authors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to hear that the production has ended in such a bad way for you & the team. It's a shame that one bad apple can really spoil the bunch & ruin things for everyone else. But on the brightside it's good to get away from someone that sends poisonous attitudes and feelings out. For someone to act like another person is faking an illness JUST to be NASTY is really sad. Be happy she is no longer associated with all your hardwork. You all deserve better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I appreciate that so much, Tracy. That's exactly how I felt about the whole thing. I would rather there be nothing at all then something that doesn't represent me, my books, and the story properly or with any truth. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm terribly sorry to hear of this madness. It's truly disheartening that people can behave that way. Trust me, you're better off without and much BIGGER and BETTER things WILL happen for you! I know it. I support you as an author and support your books. I make it a note to everyone I have discussions with to pick up your books. I hope the best for you as I believe you deserve it. You can't hide a caring and respectful personality, not with someone who writes such beautiful characters and stories - who you are bleeds through the words we read. So, keep your head up and stories shining =) Good things will come with all your passion and hard work!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Holy muffins, I just finished rereading the series for the third time and I figured I'd come check out the page, but I never expected something as sad as this. It really sucks that this amazing series isn't going to be turning into a movie or a tv show anytime soon, and I missed the petition! But I know that if its meant to be then it'll be made into a series/movie one day (fingers crossed). Until then, I'm just gonna hold my breath for Undeniably Fated (which I am SUPER siked for)! Keep up the good work! :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. I’m so sorry that the Tv show was canceled. We were all looking forward to see the series in action. The significance series is my #1 favorite book series. Have you thought of going to Netflix? I know they are looking for great ideas and artists for tv shows? They already have quite a few tv shows that allowed the authors full control or the story line, actors, production, etc.

    I also think that although that producer has tried to slander your name, the people that matter; your loved ones, readers and ever the evidence that you have speaks for yourself. The producer and anyone else can try to convince others, but we all believe you and believe in you. Shelly you have inspired us to continue to believe in love and for me, you are my favorite author. I believe you and I believe in you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. that’s is just awful. how sick minded dose some one have to be to make duo such lies about you. she must be feeling pretty awful about her self to put you threw all that. i think you are such an amazing author. and the way you portray the characters are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am so sad as this is one of my all time favorited books hopefully it can be done one day in the future I keep checking back every year :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If only some other producer could pick it up

      Delete
    2. I read these books when I was 15(the first on was free and I was hooked) and fell in love with them, I'm 20 now and I'm truly saddened by the outcome for you. I will never forget these books and if am ever in the position to offer these to screen writers I will in a heartbeat. I think Netflix's and/or HBO are seriously missing out on the opportunity for this story line as a TV series, it would be amazing & I know kids my age would LOVE it. I really hope to see it on the big screen one day! p.s. If you have a tiktok, share the books and start a campaign, tiktok kids are crazy when they really love something, and I KNOW they would love this series!!!

      Delete
    3. Hi! I also read this series back when I was in highschool. Now I am 25 and I still can't believe this didn't happen. I hope someday we all can see this happen!

      Delete
  10. Man...after all these years I still had been waiting. I just now checked into the site to see if it had started and I just missed what station it was on. Very saddened. Still one of my top series. Love all your books.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I needed this.. When I heard the movie to my favorite books were coming out I was so excited. Now trying to find it and then finding out it was cancelled my heart broke. Your books are amazing and will forever be my favorite and hopefully one day I will be able to watch the movie or series!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very good written article. It will be supportive to anyone who utilizes it, including me. Keep doing what you are doing – can’r wait to read more posts.
    The Good Doctor

    ReplyDelete
  13. Paramount Network TV Series Yellowstone would have easily held the top of the Wednesday. According to the imdb its ratings is 8.4 that was a brilliant. big hype is that announce its season 3 and the news was announced last week. i love the season two and its outfits Yellowstone Jacket Collection.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is actually the kind of information I have been trying to find. Thank you for writing this information. SEO canada
    This is actually the kind of information I have been trying to find. Thank you for writing this information. SEO canada

    ReplyDelete
  15. That's the reason it is advisable that you need to right inspection earlier than writing. You can set up a lot better present with this. ดูหนัง

    ReplyDelete