Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Valentines Day Kiss

Since it's Valentines Day, 
I thought I'd give you a nice little kissy scene. 
This is the last teaser for Wide Awake before the release this month. 
No exact date yet. I'm working hard to finish.
So, without further ado....

Mason & Emma
The Almost Smooch

       He smiled that Mason smile that set me on fire all over. Then he put one hand on the other side on the hospital bed and the other lifted toward my face. I waited, bated breath, gulping, sweaty palms, fluttering eyes, the works. His face got so close before he stopped. I thought he had decided against whatever he was doing he waited so long. I began to pull back in disappointment, but he reached behind my neck gently and pulled me to him. The barest of touches was the best way to describe our first kiss. It wasn't really a kiss at all. His bottom lip barely brushed my top one. When he leaned back and opened his eyes, he must've seen the confusion and frustration in my face. 
         He chuckled. "I just had to taste that coconut…" he licked his lips, "but I don't want to kiss you when you've been angry at me and I messed up our date." He said 'date'. Like…a date. "I want to kiss you when if we go another second without it, one of us will combust."
          My breaths were raging. I tried to calm myself. "I…" I failed.
          "I want to give you back your first kiss, the one that jerk stole from you. And I want it to be something that even a coma can't make you forget."

I know... I know... 
SOON!
Promise. 

9 comments:

  1. Release this month as in February? Because these teasers have me convinced to read this book so I am quite excited! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man oh man!! Can't wait :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shelly!!!!!!!!!! Omg you are driving me crazy.......... I can not wait!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. <3 your books can't wait to read

    ReplyDelete
  5. boy howdy! Looking forward to reading this in full Shelly. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Omg!!!!! So excited XOXOXO

    ReplyDelete