Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Independence Teaser



 I've been getting scolded...downright scolded! For not giving any teasers for Independence :) How right you are! 
So here's one from Caleb's POV to tie you over for a bit. More to come soon! 
 



          I took her face…her gorgeous tear streaked face in my hands and looked her straight in the eye. “Doubt? No, not ever. Not about you, not about us and not about what we’re meant to be doing right now.”
          “But all of these things keep popping up,” she argued, but the fight was just gone right out of her. She sniffled, her fists wrapped in my shirt front, whether she knew it or not. “I don’t doubt us either, of course not, I just don’t understand why things have to be so hard-”
          “It’s worth it because it’s hard, baby. Your dad, your mom, Bish, Haddock, me…Chad,” I growled his name, disgruntled, “every one of us has been pulled to you for a reason. We just need to see how we can make it all work…where hopefully, they don’t kill each other.” I smirked for good measure.
          The desired effect was a smile and she complied with a sigh. “Yeah, I know. You’re right.” She slipped closer, her hands going around my waist. “You’re really awesome, you know that?”
          “I am looking forward to an eternity of you stealing my lines, sweetheart.” I pulled her closer, loving the way she bit her lip sideways, her heart beat hitching a slight bit, in anticipation of my kiss. “An eternity.”
          And then I worked hard to keep in a groan when her lips wrapped around my bottom one and tugged. 


As far as a set release date, I'm still not giving one at this time. I know you hate that, but I have a lot of personal\professional stuff going on. (In the process of buying a house, book signings, being a stay at home mom, hubs travels with his job, ect) and I really don't feel comfortable with setting anything concrete, especially if I had to push it back. This will be the 5th release for me this year. Busy girl. 
Since Independence is the last book, I want to take my time and make sure it's the perfect ending for you, so please be patient as I work through all personal and professional stuff to make this happen.
Revolution, Collide #4, is next and then Independence. 

More teasers and updates to come.
Thank you so much!!!

 

37 comments:

  1. wonderful!!!!! i can't wait!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait! You're a really good writer anyway so I'll just read your other books while I wait :]

    ReplyDelete
  3. You just take your time honey! You know we'll be waiting! P.s. NO MORE MR. NICE GUY!!!!! :) <3 u

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh! I loved that!!! I can't wait anymore, I want!!!
    LOL
    Thank you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't wait! But I will happily do so because you're books are so amazing! Take all the time you need! And make sure the ending is just right for YOU foremost, we'll be happy as long as it's a happy ending :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love it! Cant cant cant wait for this one, but I cant wait for Revolution either! So I shall be patient =]

    ReplyDelete
  7. Shelly crane,
    You're really amazing, you know that? :D
    I cannot wait until Independence comes out!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!
    I ALSO LOVE THE COLLIDE SERIES
    SO I CANT WAIT UNTIL REVOLUTION COMES OUT TOO.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'll be sad to see both of these series end :)

      Delete
  9. Excited about Independence... but its worth the wait & patiently wait is what I shall do! Good luck with all your stuff going on!! I hope everything goes great!

    ReplyDelete
  10. can't wait thanks so much for being so awesome in every way!! i've never forgotten who your name or your books and what they are about, like I do with so many other authors and their series:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's awesome, and I for one and totally on board with no release date. It'll absolutely be worth the wait! Plus, I completely believe that life comes first.

    Congrats on all the success, good luck with all your life stuff, and thank you for the teaser!

    Buffy

    ReplyDelete
  12. So excited!! I can't wait for both of these ones! I absolutely love your books!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I completely agree Shelly, do NOT rush Independence. As much as I want to read it now (and I seriously do!!), I'd rather you take your time and perfect it that way you do best. Good luck this year, looking forward to reading anything you write.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you Shelly. Truly looking forward to this. But I'm glad you want it to be perfect - I'll be patient :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. AHhhhhhhhh I can't wait for this book!!! But since you're so busy... I will hold my breath just for you!!! (not literally.... I won't really hold it just in case you were wondering lol;P) Mrs. Crane, just take you time!!!! Also I absolutely love your books, and especially how you put a sound track at the end of your books!!! That is absolutely brilliant!!!:D

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am soo excited for this book! xD Also,thank you for taking your time and stuff haha :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love it!! Im going to DIE if you dont post more teasers please please please!!! you dont want to be responsible for an innocent fan's death because that would be verybad(; I think your brilliant with words and your books creep into my miond till i cant get them out. thank you for writing and sharing it with us!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I have enjoyed reading all of your books so far. Thank you for giving me a different world to experience when I just need to get away from reality for a bit. I'm anxiously awaiting book 4... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Since this teaser is from Caleb's POV, will some chapters of the book be in his POV? And i love your books by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I sooooooo love all of your books Shelly Crane. But I love the significance series the best. Caleb and Maggie are soooo perfect together. I have read the series 3 times and I just can't wait for the last book to come out, I don't think I can wait!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. My favourite series that i have read so much the book is in a sorry shape is Diary of a Crush. I'm a sucker for romance and this book had plenty! It brings out so many emotions in me when I read it! And throughout the series Dylan(the boy) keeps breaking Edie's (the girl) heart and putting it back together again! It's heartbreaking and (forgive the pun) awww-inspiring! I also love how Edie grows throughout the book. I wish the book was also made in Dylan's POV but oh well! Anyway I love this book so much!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I'm so excited to read Independence but I'm also sad for the Significance series to come to an end... Shelly you are such an amazing writer and I cant wait to read more of your work. Pleeeeeeaaassssee post more teasers! I love your books and wish I was as talented as you. I have read Significance 5 times and I still read certain parts of the book every now and then!

    ReplyDelete
  23. p.s. I am being tortured by anxiety from lack of release date ;) ∞…∞…∞…∞…∞…∞…∞

    ReplyDelete
  24. Thank you for the teaser! Loved it! Can't wait for more.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Thanks for the teaser!
    LOVE the significance series, always re-read whenever I have the chance! I'll be in tears until independence comes out! Own all 3 books in print and e-book and have bought dozens of other copies as gifts! Take all the time you need, and know that I really support you as an author and am looking forward to your future work!

    ReplyDelete